Pop Smoke's Alleged Killer Reportedly Released From Prison

image

According to numerous online reports and social media activity, authorities reportedly released one of Pop Smoke's alleged killers from jail (specifically juvie) for what seems like his 21st birthday. Moreover, there isn't a lot of concrete information available about this supposed release at press time, other than this being the completion of the alleged killer's four-year sentence for pleading guilty to murder. This follows other developments in the New York drill rapper's murder case, such as an alleged eyewitness explaining how it all went down. That took place on social media, though, not in court. As such, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and doubts when it comes to this tragedy.

Furthermore, four years have passed since Pop Smoke died in a home invasion and robbery, and only one defendant remains in his case. Corey Walker is also the only adult defendant in this case, and the court delayed his trial due to an inability to settle a plea agreement with prosecutors. "Negotiations fell through, but there’s still a possibility we’ll come to an agreement," defense attorney Deion Benjamin told Rolling Stone. "A few things need to be ironed out. If they don’t get resolved, we’ll go to trial," for which jury selection would begin on August 6.

Pop Smoke's Alleged Killer Is Reportedly Free

However, this vague release definitely isn't the most odd or bizarre thing to emerge out of this Pop Smoke case. Some connected it to the death of rapper Sirtanky, and believe that the latter passed away as a move of retaliation for the murder of the former. In fact, the Los Angeles rapper washed up in a barrel on the shores of Malibu, a gruesome and disturbing end with unclear context behind it. Hopefully no further violence affects this whole situation.

Meanwhile, Pop Smoke continues to live on as a staple of contemporary New York hip-hop, falling alongside city legends that have also done a lot to rep for the city in their respective eras. Sadly, his time on this Earth was far too short for him to fully enjoy and realize his impact, potential, talents, and life. Hopefully this release is a sign of completed justice, and that folks involved have learned from their horrific actions. We'll see how else The Woo endures.

COMMENTS

Leave a comment

Saweetie Hit With $3M Lawsuit For Alleged Fraud After Cancelling Japan Shows

image

It feels like we haven’t heard much from Saweetie in recent times, and when we have, it’s not necessarily for the greatest reasons. I hate to inform you that today is no exception. Per TMZ, Saweetie’s now facing legal trouble after a concert promoter accused her of fraud. Saweetie, who released her EP Hella Pressure last summer, and her touring company, Icy Grl touring, are accused of backing out of a string of Japan shows after accepting a $100K deposit while performing at other venues across the country.

Moon Dream Production filed the lawsuit on claims of fraud and breach of contract. The promoter claims that they struck a deal with Saweetie and Icy Grl Touring for four performances across Japan between July 18 and July 26, 2025. The lawsuit alleges that Saweetie confirmed that she would perform all four shows for $200,000. Half of that, $100,000, was reportedly paid up front.

Things ultimately took a turn for the worse when Saweetie allegedly failed to appear for any of the performances. But the promoter’s biggest grievances seem to be what allegedly happened next. The company claims it helped secure visa services for Saweetie and her team so they could enter Japan, only for the rapper to allegedly perform at other venues for different promoters during the exact dates she had already committed to.

This is at the core of the allegations of fraud. Moon Dream argues that the issue went beyond just scheduling issues, especially since their attempts to recoup the $100,000 deposit haven’t yielded any results. Moreover, the promoter says it lost another $100,000 for promotional campaigns, as well as another $200,000 to secure the venues for the shows. 

How Much Is Saweetie Getting Sued For?

Moon Dream further argues the concerts were expected to generate around $400,000 in profit before everything unraveled. Now, the company is seeking damages tied to breach of contract, in addition to a hefty $3 million punitive damages request aimed at Saweetie and her touring operation. We will keep you posted on any further updates regarding the situation.

COMMENTS

Leave a comment